TERRA PACIFIC PROVIDES FREE TRASH CHUTE INSPECTIONS
Building codes now require all chute doors be inspected. Chute doors are vital to your building's and residents safety.
Some of the common problems that are fire code violations:
- Grease/Sludge Build-up: this build up can lead to grease trash fires.
- Holes and Tears: Trash chutes can become damaged from corrosion or heavy items. Any damage will allow smoke or flame in the chute to escape and spread to other floors.
- Broken or Missing Discharge Doors: All trash chutes are required to have a functioning “Discharge Door”. Referred to as a “guillotine” door) is designed to close automatically in the event of a fire.
- Broken or Damaged Trash and Linen Doors: All doors that act as trash or linen intake doors must be fire-rated. They must also self-close and self-latch, to prevent smoke and flame from escaping through them.
Terra Pacific provides all the trash chute parts, repairs, and maintenance needed:
- UL-rated, self-closing, self-latching stainless steel trash & Linen chute doors.
- Replacement Parts – T-Handles; Thumb Latch Assemblies; Latch Bolts; Hydraulic & Gas-Shock Closers, Discharge Doors, Fusible Links and Springs.
- Complete trash chute door service to lubricate & Adjust doors; tighten all hardware; treat with anti-corrosive spray to inhibit rusting, fusible link and discharge door checks for proper working condition.
- On-going maintenance and inspection.
Trash chute cleaning reduces odor and air pollutants.
It is recommended that trash chutes get cleaned twice a year. Terra Pacific uses a 3-step process to clean chutes- a degreaser applied to take care of grease/sludge build-up, a chemical spray to eliminate nasty germs, and a deodorizer to reduce the odors. Clean trash chutes means happy residents.