Terra Pacific has been maintaining and repairing compactors and balers for over 35 years.
We found that customers who maintain waste equipment have a better ROI and reduce the downtime of a compactor or baler. For example, when is the last time your compactor or baler had an oil change? Terra Pacific recommends an oil change at least once a year.
Just like an automobile, compactors and balers have many moving parts. Metal rubbing against metal, hydraulic systems (including oil), electrical systems, switches, and control panels are all major components. Based on usage, Terra Pacific can provide an annual preventative maintenance service that is specifically tailored to your needs. Each service call, our qualified technicians perform a 10-point checklist.
10 Point Checklist
- Inspection of Electrical Control Panel: Check switches and connections proper operation.
- Safety and Limit Switches: Inspect and adjust.
- Operation: Warning lights, pressure gauge, key switches and emergency stop.
- Structure: Physical appearance, wear points, ground anchors, wiper blade and follower plate.
- Lubrication and Inspection: Door hinges, door handles, paddle latches, turnbuckles, access gates, motor, motor coupling, ram track and guides.
- Hydraulic System Check: Condition of hoses and fittings, oil levels, cylinder shaft wear and leakage. Operating pressure check.
- Safety Standards: OSHA and ANSI standards, infractions will be noted with suggested repairs.
- Container: Physical condition of rollers, door hinges, and latching mechanisms.
- Rear Door Seal: Since compactors are liquid tight, maintaining the door seal is important.
- Oil Change annually.